mardi 2 novembre 2010

Patti Smith - "Hard Nipples" (rare vinyl bootleg)


(rare vinyl bootleg)

This one I bought some 20 years ago, at a price that was definitely much more than I could afford at the time... But I was in my "Fell in love with Patti" era, and there was no internet to find these things at the time !
Add to that the fact that she was sooo sexy touching her nipple on that cover art !

...Featuring John Cale as special guest !

Tracklist
(copied from the net as there is no real tracklist on the record)

A1- Real Good Time Together
A2- G. Verdi
A3- I Keep A Close Watch (interpreted by John Cale)
A4- Free Money
B1- Pale Blue Eyes / Louie Louie
B2- Birdland
B3- Gloria
B4- My Generation

(...side labels on the vinyl have been mixed up !)

Here is a review I found on answers.com:

"This bootleg presents a live Patti Smith performance from late 1975/early 1976 in which she appears with John Cale, who produced her just-released debut album, Horses. Cale gets a solo spot on "I Keep a Close Watch," awhile Smith intersperses songs from Horses (and "Ain't It Strange" from the upcoming Radio Ethiopia) with such concert covers as the Velvet Underground's "We're Gonna Have a Real Good Time Together" and "Pale Blue Eyes" and the Who's "My Generation," as well as spicing up the proceedings with her usual commentary on everyone from Jimi Hendrix to Giuseppe Verdi. Especially interesting is a version of "Birdland" that makes the song's references to Wilhelm Reich explicit. Unfortunately, the sound quality on what must be an audience tape is low. (Also released under the title Turn It Up.) ~ William Ruhlmann, All Music Guide "


Yeah, squeeze where it hurts baby ! :-p



2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Thanks, but the terrible bit-rate rips don't make sense.
Too Bad

Barbatrucmobile a dit…

bit-rate rips are awful but I can't do better: I don't have the right equipement (I can't change the bit-rate on the equipment I have + surface-noise can't be removed)... Consider the fact that this bootleg is (according to internet info) already a rip from a live tape, with a sound that is already veeery bad ! I put it here mainly for completists, but if you're looking for a better live recording, there hundreds of them everuwhere on the net ;-)